Open Source Resources
Callosum doesn't believe in competition. Let's say it together, collaboration! Below find helpful resources we have personally vetted. Give us a holler if you'd like a personal introduction to any of these superstars.
Branding of an emerging company is key to business success. It is the quickest way for your company to express what it is and what it can offer. Inaccurate branding of a new business can make it difficult for people to grasp why the business exists in the first place.
Dollar for dollar, it [branding] is as important and vital as any other early steps.
Branding can often take a backseat to other considerations, such as funding and product development. This is a mistake, as a company’s brand can be key to its success. Dollar for dollar, it is as important and vital as any other early steps. A brand is a company’s face to the world. It is the company’s name, how that name is visually expressed through a logo, and how that name and logo are extended throughout an organization’s communications. A brand is also how the company is perceived by its customers – the associations and inherent value they place on your business.
A brand is a kind of promise. It is a set of fundamental principles as understood by anyone who comes into contact with a company. A brand is an organization’s reason for being and how that reason is expressed through its various communications media to its key audiences, including customers, shareholders, employees, and analysts. A brand can also describe these same attributes for a company’s products, services, and initiatives.
Services that complement Callosum's work.
- Green Buoy Consulting: Green Buoy Consulting provides sustainability consulting, advisory, reporting and B Corp certification services to small & medium-sized businesses.
- Master of One Coaching: Be a MASTER of Your Life and a LEADER in the World! Leadership Coaching supports movement makers as they energize their purpose & change the world.
Feed your brain with inspiration!
- Sean Achor: The Happiness Advantage: Linking Positive Brains to Performance
- BreneBrown.com: Brené Brown, Ph.D., LMSW is a research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past decade studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness, and shame.
- Craig Wortmann of Sales Engine: Three-time CEO, author of What’s Your Story, award-winning professor at the University of Chicago, and creator of the Sales Engine SM Toolkit.
- Perfect Pitch App: Your two-minute business pitch is one of the most valuable tools a small business owner can use in growing their business. Small Business Perfect Pitch gives you the tools needed to help make your pitch work for you and get your small business growing! (Kudos to our affiliate Hilary Blair for developing this.)
When it feels like it’s an alphabet soup of acronyms, let us unwind the lexicon and unravel the jargon of the branding world. Click on the word below to expand the accordion and view the definition.
A representation a very recognizable, typical person, thing or idea. By anchoring a brand with an archetype, the consumer feels already familiar with the brand.