Vlog: Guest Peter Arlein
An Interview Series where conversation grounded in PURPOSE gives outdoor industry insight.
Guest Name: Peter Arlein, Founder + CEO of MountainFLOW
Location: Carbondale, CO
What can you expect? We always cover the guest’s purpose, how they integrate it into business, and the strategy behind growth. The flavor comes with each guest as they share a career thread.
Bio: Peter Arlein grew up in update New York and moved to Colorado after college. After working in the outdoor industry for more than 20 years, he recognized an opportunity to create high-performance and sustainable accessories for the ski and bike industry. Specifically, mountainFLOW makes plant-based, non-petroleum ski wax and bike lube.
Listen to the recording.
Watch the interview.
- 2:18 Purpose: Build the credibility of the sustainable product industry by showing that we can make products just as well as everything out there while ALSO having a smaller carbon footprint, making something biodegradable, and non-toxic.
- 6:40 Protypes and manufacturing
- 7:40 Determining SKUs
- 8:23 Lead with performance AND follow with sustainability.
- 14:42 Sidearm business product to fuel the central business
- 19:52 Sales channels: Distribution to 20 countries!
- 23:26 Ambassador athlete advantages